Jan 14, 2011

Book Blogger Hop & Follow Friday

Trying to get back into the swing of weekly blogging, and what better way than to participate in the weekly crazes 

This week's Book Blogger Hop question:

"Why do you read the genre that you do?  What draws you to it?"

Well, as my reading tastes are wildly eclectic (ahem, excuse the shameless reference to my blog name), I am drawn to various genres because they all satisfy something specifically different in me. I don't get the same pleasure from a children's picturebook vs. children's novel, much less the same from a paranormal romance vs. adult non-fiction (all of which I read on a weekly basis). So, in short, it depends on my mood, on the time of year, on whether I'm traveling, on where I'll be reading the book, on how long I'll have to read at any given time, on what I read last, on what I last ate (just kidding), etc.

This week's Follow Friday question:

What makes up your non-human family? 

I don't currently have a non-human family of my own. My parents have a large black lab and a half-domesticated, feral barn cat. The house I live in has a cat, but it belongs to the owners and only likes me if a) they're not home, or b) it wants to be fed. But someday I will live with a blue Great Dane named Bella (that name was decided upon PRE-Twilight, folks, so don't even go there) and a stray cat.

6 comments:

  1. hey, hey, just hoppin' through. I think I need to hear the story about how your great dane will be named bella...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I am hopping on by...

    I went all over the map with this question on my blog. I read and enjoy almost every genre of fiction out there. There’s no way I could just pick one.

    So I talked about all of them. Even romance fiction (sort of)! I invite you to hop over to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net and see for yourself.

    Howard A. Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just hopping by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    Reading Lark's Hop Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I like reading different genres too. I mostly read YA but I like everything.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hopping to my blog, and for the book recommendations. I have 84, Charing Cross on request from the library- it's one of those books I've meant to read for a long while. And The Agency sounds like a great one to add to my list for the YA Historical Fiction Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?