Nov 25, 2011

Friday Round-Up

Each week I round-up all the (mostly book-related) articles/blog posts/book reviews/websites/videos that entertained me during the week. Enjoy!

Articles

Peter Sis talks to NPR about his new, beautifully-illustrated, adult book The Conference of the Birds. Read or listen here.

"Dear Book Lover" at the Wall Street Journal has a great article about fiction books that read like non-fiction, and vice versa.

Publishing Perspectives dives into a discussion of Roaxnne Coady's new website, "Just the Right Book!"

Can't figure out how to organize that new bookshelf? BookRiot has the answer.

Library

The Dewey Decimal Rap. No, really, that's all there is to say about that.



Vocabulary


I absolutely ADORE lists like this. "The Top 10 Relationship Words That Aren't Translatable Into English" 

Website

Looking for a book recommendation? Each month? Check out Just the Right Book!, a website you can belong to that will send you hand-picked selections by the staff at R.J. Julia, a fantastic independent bookstore.

TakeYourChildToABookstore.org That says it all really, doesn't it?

4 comments:

  1. I've added Just the Right Book! to my daily distractions list...what a cool idea!! Could also be an incredible gift subscription idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like you single-handedly help me keep my finger on the pulse of bookish things. You're pretty awesome that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads-up about Take Your Child to a Bookstore Day. It's a great idea. I'll be spreading the word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone, for the sweet and thoughtful comments - and please do spread the word about Take Your Child to a Bookstore Day!

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?