Jul 23, 2010

I'd like to thank the Academy (Part 2)...

Thank you to The Fourth Musketeer for this great honor!

I apologize to you, Fourth Musketeer, and everyone else for being MIA. I'm still trying to figure out how to fit blogging into my new Boston life. I think I'm finally figuring it out, though, and today will be the start of my Boston blogging phase.

In accordance with The Versatile Blogger Award rules, I must do these things in acceptance of this award:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.

Done above, but will also link to The Fourth Musketeer now.

2. Share 7 things about yourself. 

Here goes nothin':
a. I like lowercase letters better than uppercase letters.
b. Garamond is my favorite "everyday" font. Cool Garamond fact: it uses less ink to print than other fonts. Don't believe me? Check it out here.
c. I have about 60% of my body mapped out for tattoos; 3 already on my body. Now I just have to save the money to get the rest.
d. The next three places on my travel list: New Zealand, Australia, & Ireland.
e. Children's book editing is my dream job. Still working on making it full time.
f.  Skydiving is on my bucket list.
g. If I had to pick a favorite color, it would probably be orange.

3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason! (In no particular order...) 

Okay, problem with this - not only have I not had time to blog, I haven't had time to read (and thus discover new) blogs. So, I only have 2 new blogs to share, but please see the blog roll in the side panel for other favorites:

a. SlushPile Hell: A grumpy literary agent wades through query fails.

HILARIOUS blog, and today's post is a compilation of Twitter responses to the question: Worse Children's Book...Ever.

b. Catalog Living: A look into the exciting lives of the people who live in your catalogs.

A daily laugh, I guarantee it.

4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.

Check.

With this taken care of, I'm officially back in blogger mode! Stay tuned for my new series:

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Book of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?