Dec 10, 2009

Recognize that voice?

Dear friends,

I'm excited, proud, and slightly embarrassed to present my voice on the air! This is the answer to those days when you say to yourself,

You know what I've been missing? A little of Rebeca's voice in my ear. Now that would really perk up my day. I'm gonna have to give her a call. But that's going to take too long! And what if I don't get her, she's busy all the time. I'll have to wait til she calls back, or til the next time I see her. Sigh. No shot of Becca with my coffee today. Sad.

Well, wait no longer, my friends. Now you can hear my voice from the comfort of your home, office, or car (as long as you have an iphone) - just go to this link:

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/wamc/news.newsmain/article/6577/0/1587050/Book.Picks/Book.Picks.-.Odyssey.Bookshop

or if that doesn't work, try going to WAMC.org, click on "News & Information", click on "Roundtable", scroll down til you see on the right-hand side "Roundtable Weekly Book Picks", then click "Audio", then find "Book Picks - Odyssey Bookshop" for December 09, 2009 (2009-12-09), and presto! Click play, and there you'll hear the dulcet tones of my voice.

In case you're wondering what this is all about, well, let's just say the world was finally ready to know me, and they've given me my very own talk show!

That's a joke/lie.

The Odyssey Bookshop gets invited every few weeks to talk about books on the air during the WAMC Roundtable discussion and this week I was, by default, invited along to speak about children's books.

Thanks to everyone for their continued support as I blaze new trails for myself with my children's book career. I've heard my small 20-minute segment may be up for a 2010 Radio Award - there was some talk of "never having heard such an erudite, articulate, melodious female voice on the air since Rachel Maddow". (This could just be a rumor. Or another joke/lie I made up.)

Easy listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?